The High-Performance Network Development team is seeking network software engineers to facilitate the design and delivery of innovative solutions to connectivity problems faced in High-Performance Computing (HPC) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Training computing environments and data centers. This role focuses on network stack improvements as well as solutions that span the entire network such as congestion avoidance, packet recovery, and overall end-to-end performance.
- B.S. Computer Science (or related degree) with 3-4 years of experience or M.S.
- Computer Science (or related) with 2-3 years of experience
- Strong programming skills in (at least 1): C, C++, bash, Python in Linux programming environments
- Intermediate or higher English level
- Enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software
- Assessing security requirements and design decisions implications
- Analysis of network protocols to troubleshoot networking problems and to recognize and develop network performance solutions
- Extensively unit testing implementations
- Coding to standards and integrating with existing solutions
- Developing and executing project plans, budgets and schedules, as appropriate
Additional responsibilities may include debug and system testing of software products using systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. May work directly with other teams developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. These positions develop software applications for external customers.
What we offer
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Intel offers immersive, classroom, and online learning resources that help you keep your skills up-to-date and on the cutting edge, so you can keep advancing your career. Learn as a participant and take the opportunity to speak at events and workshops