Архив: Principal Software Engineer, Open Source
At Cube Dev, we are building a technology stack for modern analytics and our mission is to make it accessible to developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. Cube, our flagship open-source product, has over 10,000 stars on GitHub and over 3,000 community members in Slack. It powers companies ranging from Apple, Intel, and Walmart to small Silicon Valley startups.
We are a 15-person remote-first team distributed over the US, UK, and Eastern Europe with an HQ in San Francisco, funded by top-tier Silicon Valley venture funds that have previously invested in Redis, Hazelcast, Gradle, and other infrastructure software startups.
Cube is used to build analytical APIs over trillion data point datasets in SQL databases (e.g., Postgres, ClickHouse) and data warehouses (e.g., Google BigQuery, AWS Athena, Snowflake). Such APIs serve requests with sub-second latency and high concurrency.
We’re determined to further enhance Cube’s performance, support more data sources, evolve data modeling capabilities, and improve developer experience to make Cube.js the ultimate open-source analytical tool of choice for all developers.
That’s why we’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the Cube team. You will contribute to Cube and maintain its codebase on GitHub, participate in community support in Slack, serve as an entry point for the team, and work with our CTO to drive architectural and product decisions.
- Expert in data structures and algorithms.
- Solid understanding of how databases work.
- Strong coding skills
- Experience working with the product team
- Experience in building and managing high-load cloud infrastructure applications.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent English.
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a fast-moving company.
During the first months, you’ll be working on fine-tuning Cube’s performance, partial codebase migration to Rust, and supporting more databases.
This is a remote position. Any location is okay as long as we can expect you to be online till 1 pm PT. We can pay for your desk at the co-working space that you choose to work from. Down the road, we offer an optional relocation to our HQ in San Francisco, California with visa (H1-B or O-1) sponsorship. Also, we offer stock options in our US company.
- Experience with contributing to or the maintenance of an open-source project.
- Experience in data engineering, building analytics applications, or OLAP.
- Experience with Docker and k8s, AWS, GCP.
- C++, Rust, or any other low-level language experience.
- Understanding of how V8 works.