Senior Frontend Engineer
At Cube Dev, we are building the API layer for data apps.
We are focused on developer success, bottom-up adoption, and open source. Cube.js, our flagship open-source product, has 11,000 stars on GitHub and 4,000 developers in the community Slack. Cube.js is used by companies ranging from Apple, Intel, and Walmart to fast-growing Silicon Valley startups.
Currently, we are a 20-person remote-first team distributed over the US, UK, and Europe with an HQ in San Francisco. Having raised our Series A in July 2021, we’re funded by top-tier Silicon Valley venture funds that have previously invested in Redis, Hazelcast, Gradle, and other infrastructure software startups.
The number of our projects is constantly growing. To provide quality UX in each of them, we develop and integrate our UI Kit and set up a tight interaction between the designers and the development team to speed up the development process. That’s why we’re seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Frontend Team.
- Expert in CSS/HTML.
- Solid understanding of browser rendering.
- Experience in React and TypeScript.
- Experience in Webpack or Vite configuration.
- Experience in building complex single-page applications from scratch.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent English.
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small, fast-moving company.
- Experience with contributing to or the maintenance of an open-source project.
- Experience in building UI Kit for any Design System.
- Experience with React Aria, React Stately, Web Components.
- Understanding frontend performance bottlenecks.
In this role, you’ll be working on:
- UI Kit Development. We use our UI Kit based on React Aria and CSS-in-JS approach. It powers the frontend of all our projects, including Cube.js, Cube Cloud, Website, Documentation, Blog, and more. We invest a lot of effort into making a fluent and consistent UX across all our projects.
- Cube Cloud UI/UX. Cube Cloud provides a platform as a service infrastructure to deploy Cube.js applications in production capacity at scale. It is a complex SPA written using React and TypeScript with tons of challenges for the Frontend Engineer.
- Frontend Infrastructure Support. As most engineers are focused on delivering new features, the Frontend Team is here to help them by providing a great developer experience for JS-bundlers, linter tools, UI components, design system tokens, documentation, and end-to-end test runner.
This is a remote position. Any location is okay as long as we can expect you to be online till 1 pm PT. We can pay for your desk at the co-working space that you choose to work from. Down the road, we offer an optional relocation to our HQ in San Francisco, California, with visa (H1-B or O-1) sponsorship. Also, we offer stock options in our US company.