The software engineer takes computer system specifications of various sorts, analyze them and create simulation models for them. The functional simulation models are developed iteratively with HW and SW design teams and the collaboration require good communication skills and the ability to quickly turn new requirements into new or enhanced simulation models.
- Need a Computer Science or related engineering degree with solid understanding of hardware and software and the hardware/software boundary.
- Strong programming skills in Python, C and/or C++.
- Computer Architecture knowledge of computer systems including multicore CPUs, GPUs, accelerators, cache and memory systems, interconnects and IO devices.
- Understanding of modern computer operating systems (Linux, Windows).
- Knowledge of working in software development teams using team collaboration tools for repository storage, testing, issues and project tracking.
- Excellent English communication skills
As a software engineer on the Simics team, you are responsible for implementing and integrating detailed functional simulations of computer systems in close collaboration with other groups responsible for designing and developing these computer systems. In addition, Simics software engineers are also responsible for maintaining and improving the Simics simulator with additional functionality and for a better user experience.
What we offer
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel’s technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what’s never been done before. We’ve also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
Intel offers immersive, classroom, and online learning resources that help you keep your skills up-to-date and on the cutting edge, so you can keep advancing your career. Learn as a participant and take the opportunity to speak at events and workshops